Artists and hosts at the First International Horn Workshop in 1969. From left to right: Joseph White, Wendell Hoss,
Arthur Berv, James Chambers, Anton Horner, Carl Geyer, Max Pottag, Barry Tuckwell, Philip Farkas and William Robinson.
Plan now to attend IHS 50, July 30 - August 4, 2018
at Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana, USA
Position Announcement - International Horn Society Executive Director
It is with mixed feelings that I announce that Heidi Vogel, Executive Director of the IHS for more than 20 years, has announced her retirement from this position effective January 1, 2019. Heidi has been the one constant in the society's growth, and she will be missed. A search has begun for her successor. For more information about the position and how to apply, click HERE.
Jeffrey Snedeker, President, IHS
Membership Benefits Include:
- Discounts to attend symposia and other sponsored events
- Subscription to The Horn Call magazine, published 3 times each year.
- Digital access to all past issues of The Horn Call
- Scholarships and Competition support.
- Unlimited access to this website
- Access to our Thesis Lending library
- Access to funding for the commissioning of new works for Horn
- Support of Commission Works by Major Composers
- Support of Horn players in countries where economic conditions prevent membership
- Networking opportunities with thousands of Horn players worldwide.