Get the Book!
This volume commemorating the 50th anniversary of the International Horn Society is presented in a format befitting such a celebration. The book combines photos and other visual aspects found in coffee table books with narrative historical accounts of the formation of the society and its activities over its first half-century. The book has a faux leather cover and 256 full color pages, covering all workshops and symposia, publications, commissioning programs and projects, scholarships and other programs, and a look at the people that make up the IHS community. A special section for our business supporters is also included.
This wonderful celebration of the IHS has a price of $75 and is available for shipment to U.S. addresses in the IHS Online Music Sales. International shipping charges will be added based on location/address, and you'll receive an invoice directly from the IHS for payment when ordering through this form.
New IHS Member Benefit!
The IHS is delighted to bring to our members a new benefit! Log into your account and select 'Special Members Only Discounts' found under the 'Market' tab. Here you will find special offers and discounts from our supporters with information on how to take advantage of the offered discounts. If you represent a horn-oriented business and would like to make special offers to IHS members, please let us know! Contact Radegundis Tavares at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership Card Update
IHS is going a little greener! We are no longer automatically sending out physical membership cards, because you can now print your own if you would like. Log into your account and click on MY PROFILE in the gray menu bar at the top of the screen, then scroll down and click on the IHS INFORMATION tab. You should see a blue button, "Click this button to receive an email with a link to a downloadable pdf membership card." Or, if you would like us to send you a physical card, contact Membership Coordinator Elaine Braun.
Barbara Chinworth Project
In memory of Barbara Chinworth, the International Horn Society has been gifted a significant donation to fund a program to provide resources to amateur horn players/enthusiasts. Barbara was a do-er, putting words into action in the form of gathering hornists of all walks of life to play together, enjoy fellowship, and support each other in their mutual love of horn.
We are still working out the details and want to hear from you. How would support from this program be most meaningful to you? We are asking you to participate in a survey to help us get started in meeting a need in our organization: to engage more with our non-professional and non-student members.
- Helping people attend symposiums (travel stipend, subsidizing registration and/or lodging costs, etc.)
- Providing annual IHS membership
- Supporting the creation of new compositions geared towards amateur players
- Scheduling a masterclass at symposia with participation from and focus on amateur players
We want to hear from you! Please fill out our survey at https://bit.ly/chinworth-survey or scan the QR code:
If you would like to contribute to this fund, you can do so in multiple ways! If you would like to
- Via PayPal: use email email@example.com and in the notes indicate your gift designation to the Barbara Chinworth Project.
- Via Zelle: use email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: https://www.nfggive.org/donation/93-0773613 and specify your gift designation to the Barbara Chinworth Project.
- Via US bank check: Payable to International Horn Society and mailed to International Horn Society, PO Box 5486, Toledo, OH 43613 and specify your gift designation to the Barbara Chinworth Project.