An online column devoted to sharing sheet music with IHS members.
Column Title: HornTunes
Purpose: To offer an opportunity to share music with IHS members according to specific parameters.
Parameters: The music appropriate for this column will have the following characteristics:
- Short (about two pages in length) original works or arrangements of music in international public domain.
- Works must include at least one horn part, but can otherwise include any others, acoustical or electronic.
- Technical aspects that are playable by the majority of our membership.
These works will be treated as permanent donations to the IHS for free use by society members via the IHS website. This does not prevent the sale of these works elsewhere, and website links and/or contact information for composers/arrangers will accompany each work presented on the website, if desired. Copyright will be retained by the composer/arranger, who will ultimately be responsible for any copyright infringement. These works will not be sold by IHS, so no royalties will be paid.
Making these works available via the website does not constitute actual publication by the IHS, but the works will remain available to members in perpetuity. Additional inclusion in The Horn Call may be considered without further permission.
This column will be coordinated by a new position: IHS HornTunes Column Coordinator
Compensation: This is a volunteer position in service to the society. The person appointed to this position will be reviewed annually, and continue in the position subject to Advisory Council approval.
- Sufficient experience to evaluate music submissions such that they fit the prescribed parameters.
- Ability to communicate effectively with composers/arrangers regarding formatting and other logistical aspects of music notation and online presentation.
- Demonstrated willingness to be a proactive and responsive moderator of this column.
- Make regular contributions/postings on the website, hopefully as frequently as monthly, but at least quarterly, based on submissions.
- Promote this service to society members, both in soliciting donations and in publicizing works available to members.
- Provide an annual report to the IHS Advisory Council.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
To apply for this position, submit the following via the application form below:
- a completed application form (including name and email contact for one reference)
- a letter describing, in your own words, your suitability for the position
- a resume
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Review of applications will begin December 1, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled.
If you are a member, please login. If you are not an IHS member, please create a free user account so we can confirm your interest in this position.