× Send Questions to Email住址會使用灌水程式保護機制。你需要啟動Javascript才能觀看它

Writing a professional résumé

More
16 七 2009 07:39 #299 by Kendall Betts
Writing a professional résumé was created by Kendall Betts
Question:

I am going to be auditioning this August for an orchestra position. I am auditioning mostly to gain audition experience, but I need to submit a resume. My question has to do with how to write a resume considering I have very little experience playing in ensembles outside of my university's ensembles. What should I include? Is there any particular resume format that is generally preferred over any other? Is there anything else I should know about this?

Thank you,
Hope

Kendall Betts' answer:

Your resume is your resume.  Keep it to one page.  LIst your education and performances.  That's it.  You can't make one up, though I have seen resumes where people did! 

You can probably find examples of good resume form on-line. Try a Google search. In general:
  1. Name, contact info
  2. Education: schools attended, degrees earned, festivals/master classes, instructors
  3. Performance experiences to date.
You'll be editing your resume over time as you gain experience.  Keep it up to date and a one page maximum by cutting the least important experiences and replacing them with more important ones.

Good luck!

Kendall Betts

Please 登入 or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds
Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
Ok