The International Horn Society is a global horn community. We celebrate diversity and exercise tolerance, and we are here to offer support, resources, and inspiration. Views expressed by individual members of the IHS do not necessarily reflect our values and aims of the society as a whole.

Horn and Band

• Barbara J Myckowiak
  • Topic Author
More
18 五 2010 08:21 #383 by Barbara J Myckowiak
Horn and Band was created by Barbara J Myckowiak
Our community band (the Lansing Concert Band) is giving us the opportunity to perform as soloists with the band next year. So, I am looking for music for two or more horns and band. Thanks for your suggestions!

Please 登入 to join the conversation.

More
20 五 2010 16:01 #385 by Dan Phillips
Replied by Dan Phillips on topic Re:Horn and Band
Brent Shires has recently published a website:

www.horn-and-band.info

...dealing with that topic. See the site for contact information for Brent as well.

More
20 五 2010 22:53 #387 by David B Thompson
Replied by David B Thompson on topic Re:Horn and Band
Brent's new site is something of a work in progress, I gather, and at this point includes only original works, meaning that it doesn't yet list the many popular transcriptions for horn(s) and band.

One of the horn-with-band works which we send out most frequently is Schumann's (in-)famous Konzertstück for four horns. It is quite impressive the range of groups which tackle that work these days. As a more accessible option for two horns, you might consider John Anderson's transcription of one of the Eb Rosetti concertos.

Both can be found listed on our horn-with-band page:

http://www.thompsonedition.com/browse_by_instrument.php?id=37

Best wishes,

David Thompson

• Barbara J Myckowiak
  • Topic Author
More
24 五 2010 13:47 #388 by Barbara J Myckowiak
Replied by Barbara J Myckowiak on topic Re:Horn and Band
Thanks for the information!

More
03 六 2010 08:08 #389 by Debra S Inglefield
Replied by Debra S Inglefield on topic Re:Horn and Band
There are a couple of older pieces for four horns and band. "Holiday for Horn"s and French Horn Frappe" -- sorry, but I don't remember the composers offhand. These are both good for amateur or student players -- the Elkhart Municipal Band horn section has performed them both several times to enthusiastic audience response. Good summer park band pieces!

• Barbara J Myckowiak
  • Topic Author
More
03 六 2010 08:19 #390 by Barbara J Myckowiak
Replied by Barbara J Myckowiak on topic Re:Horn and Band
Hi Debra,

Thanks for the information. I think I've met you, my dad was Howard Kilbert. Who is conducting your band now?

Thanks,
Barb

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok