The premier musical organization of the U.S. Army, The United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own,” is pleased to announce the call for entries for the 2011 National Collegiate Solo Competition!
The winner of this competition will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, DC, to be the featured soloist with The U.S. Army Concert Band in two live performances as part of its Summer Concert Series. The first concert will be Friday, June 10, 2011 on the West Steps of the U.S. Capitol; the second performance will be at the Rachel M. Schlesinger Concert Hall and Arts Center, NVCC, Alexandria, VA, on Saturday, June 11, 2011.
- Open to woodwind, brass, and percussion instrumentalists currently enrolled in a college, university, or conservatory in the United States.
- Must be under 27 years of age as of January 1, 2011.
- Repertoire selected by applicant must exist as a published band arrangement.
- Application packet with CD must be postmarked by March 18, 2011.
- Submit a CD recording of applicant performing musical selection in its entirety with piano accompaniment.
- Completed and signed application, résumé, and CD must be postmarked by Friday, March 18, 2011.
- Label CD with applicant’s name and title of piece performed.
Winner will be notified once CD evaluation is completed.