Doubling on French Horn?

More
07 mei 2015 17:09 #1514 by Kevin Bryson
Doubling on French Horn? was created by Kevin Bryson
Hey all,

I'm a professional Jazz trombonist, but I had to learn a bit of french horn for a teaching gig. Turns out it was a lot of fun and I am now looking to practice the horn more and improve my competency. The school I was working for provided me with a cheap single horn in Bb. I'd like to expand out to a double horn hopefully of better quality. Can you provide some recommendations of something to look at? I know a lot of people mention Conns, but I noticed the Yamahas can be had for a good deal cheaper. Any buying advice?

Thanks in advance!

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 mei 2015 15:11 #1516 by Brian Blanchard
Replied by Brian Blanchard on topic Doubling on French Horn?
Hi Kevin, my favorite quality double horns to look for on a budget are the Reynolds Contempora, any King double, any Olds double from the 70's or earlier, Yamaha YHR-567, and Conn 6D. Up from that, some underrated professional models are the King Eroica and Holton H179. Pros do indeed like Yamaha (YHR-667 and YHR-668N) about as much as the Conn 8D.

By the way, if you want a more active forum, check out the group named "Horn People" on Facebook.

More
20 mei 2015 18:09 #1517 by Kevin Bryson
Replied by Kevin Bryson on topic Doubling on French Horn?
Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to try a bunch of these horns this weekend, and ended up liking the King Eroica best; I think I'll buy one. Also, I tried joining the group horn people, but it looks like my request was denied. Can you put in a good word with the moderator?

More
24 mei 2015 06:31 #1519 by Brian Blanchard
I posted on the group page asking for help. I know there have been glitches in the past with people trying to add. I found you on FB but you didn't have an option to add.

More
24 mei 2015 14:19 #1520 by Brian Blanchard
The admins say to try again and send one of them a message (Margaret Finkler Dikel, Richard Prankerd, or Dave Weiner) so they know you're not a computer.

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds
Cookies maken het eenvoudiger voor ons om onze diensten te leveren. Met het gebruik van onze diensten geef je ons toestemming om cookies te gebruiken.
Ok