The International Horn Society is a global horn community. We celebrate diversity and exercise tolerance, and we are here to offer support, resources, and inspiration. Views expressed by individual members of the IHS do not necessarily reflect our values and aims of the society as a whole.

Returning player - what horn to get - help?

More
23 May 2012 17:46 #592 by Rhodri Spearing
Replied by Rhodri Spearing on topic Re: Returning player - what horn to get - help?

Jim Engele wrote: Actually Rhodri, the Holton H178 is very different from the Conn 8D. The Conn 8D is a large throat nickel horn and the H178 is a medium throat yellow brass horn. The difference between these two types is what I surmised to be the problem. An H179 is a nickel, large throat and would be comparable to the Conn 8D.

Oh I didn't mean to say H178, it's in fact a 177. But now having checked I realise that's also a medium bore horn. You're right I must have been thinking of the 179. Ugh model numbers can get confusing!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds
This website uses cookies to enhance user experience, including login status. By using the site you are accepting the use of cookies.
Ok