The International Horn Society is a global horn community. We celebrate diversity and exercise tolerance, and we are here to offer support, resources, and inspiration. Views expressed by individual members of the IHS do not necessarily reflect our values and aims of the society as a whole.

Making my own horn, need help finding parts

More
16 Sep 2011 18:07 #478 by David Coulter
Making my own horn, need help finding parts was created by David Coulter
I am searching for a valve cluster/guts preferably from a Schmidt (I'm a huge fan of piston triggers) or from an older Conn 6D (love the short throw on the valves). I'm looking for something with conical valve casings rather than the straight ones, because they are easier to remake valves for. I am making myself a horn and i have no idea where to start looking for these parts. I have a bell in mind, but I am open to any suggestions of bell/leadpipe combinations. I am looking for a larger/thiner yellow or rose brass bell. For my leadpipe I am testing out as many as I can get my hands on, I want to find one that slots very well in the upper register without sacrificing too much of the low register. Thanks for any help you can give.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
This website uses cookies to enhance user experience, including login status. By using the site you are accepting the use of cookies.
Ok