Piston valve horn

More
23 Jul 2011 16:43 #472 by Michael Saul
Piston valve horn was created by Michael Saul
I am curious to know if anyone out there has and plays on a piston horn? I own a Selmer-Paris piston horn, made in 1950, acompensating double with and ascending 3rd valve which I love dearly and though it sounds great, a number of horn players have scoffed that anyone would want to play on such an instrument, this one seemingly being outdated. (I also play on a vintage Hoyer so I am not a piston valve fanatic!)

If anyone else has and plays on one of these, I would like to know and share your thoughts.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2011 20:27 - 25 Jul 2011 01:25 #473 by Dan Phillips
Replied by Dan Phillips on topic Piston valve horn
Interesting! I attended the Association Française du Cor congress last fall in Orléans and did not see any of these horns. I wonder how many French players still use them?
Last edit: 25 Jul 2011 01:25 by Dan Phillips. Reason: fixedtypo

More
29 Aug 2011 21:47 #475 by Scott Hawkinson
Replied by Scott Hawkinson on topic Piston valve horn
I heard Doug Lundeen play an old French piston instrument at the Macomb symposium a couple of years ago. It was wonderful!

More
29 Aug 2011 23:35 #477 by Michael Saul
Replied by Michael Saul on topic Piston valve horn
I thought maybe I was the only person in existence who still had one! Thanks for that information!

Mike

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
This website uses cookies to enhance user experience, including login status. By using the site you are accepting the use of cookies.
Ok