• Page:

TOPIC: Richard Wunderlich Horns

Richard Wunderlich Horns 08 Sep 2015 04:24 #1540

• Peter J Piorkowski
  • Peter J Piorkowski's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, I'm working on a book about Carl Geyer and am at present researching his relationship with Richard Wunderlich, his employer when he first arrived in Chicago in 1904. Would anyone who has, or knows of someone who has, an instrument with the "R. Wunderlich, Chicago" logo on the bell please contact me directly at:geyerbook@yahoo.com
These horns are most likely to be CF Schmidt, piston-change-valve models, but there were single F and single Bb horns, and a few doubles of other designs, in addition to a few trumpets, flugelhorns, and even a tuba.

Thanks, Pete

Richard Wunderlich Horns 06 Oct 2016 20:25 #1611

I have one of these instruments and was told by previous owner that it was built@ 1915. Ken Pope has a listing referring to the proximity of the lead pipe as to age. I have just listed mine on the horn society's website. Any info would be appreciated. Michael Royer
Attachments:

Richard Wunderlich Horns 06 Oct 2016 20:34 #1612

I have one of these instruments and was told by previous owner that it was built@ 1915. Ken Pope has a listing referring to the proximity of the lead pipe as to age. I have just listed mine on the horn society's website. Any info would be appreciated. Michael Royer
Attachments:

Richard Wunderlich Horns 03 Mar 2018 15:17 #1701

Hey Pete,

Hows the book coming along? I would love to read it!

Thanks,

Mike
----
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.386 seconds