PERFORMING GROUPS/LECTURES/CLINICSFOR NACWPI SESSIONS AT THE MENC NATIONAL CONFERENCE WASHINGTON, DC, LATE JUNE 2010 (likely June 26-30)
Application Deadline: April 15, 2009
- Applicants should send three copies of a detailed outline of the proposed presentation.
- This outline should state the categories of presentation(s) being
A. Lecture (25 minutes)
B. Clinic (25 minutes)
C. Recital performance. (Include performance times of proposed works).
- Performing groups should submit (3) copies of a high quality audio CD recording of a performance commensurate with the one proposed. (The SAME works do NOT need to appear on the recording as those proposed; however, the recording should accurately represent the current performance of the group and the proposed work(s) to be performed)
- Recordings WILL NOT be returned UNTIL the OFFICIAL PROGRAM HAS BEEN FINALIZED by the offices of NACWPI and MENC.
- Recordings WILL NOT be returned unless labels and sufficient postage are included.
- All recordings and materials will be screened by a NACWPI audition committee.
- Conductors of performing groups and all faculty members performing in ensembles or making other presentations must be members of NACWPI and MENC.
- MENC and/or NACWPI are not responsible for any financial arrangements to support any group's or individual's expense.
Send CD’s and application materials to:
Dr. Michael Dean
Department of Music, MS 7800
Southeast Missouri State University
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Applications must arrive on or before April 15, 2009 and should be labeled on wrapping: NACWPI Session Application.