GOALS AND METHODS
To encourage students of French horn of exceptional musicality and ability to perform a considerable range of the instrument’s repertory
- Advertise the award* and encourage qualified entrants for this award.
- Procure competent judges to adjudicate the entry CDs received from all entrants and administer the processes necessary for transmission of the award to the winner.
History: This award honors Mrs. Elizabeth Paris, Past President of the National Federation of Music Clubs. One award is given annually in French horn to students age 19-25. (Applicants must have reached the 19th but not the 26th birthday by the application deadline.)
*In the event of financial shortfalls, advertised award amounts may be adjusted. Applicants would be notified of the award change.
- The entrant must be a student/collegiate member of the National Federation of Music Clubs through student/collegiate club affiliation or as a student/collegiate individual member. Entrant must submit a completed application Form S/C 15-1 (see link below) to the chairman by April 1.
- The following repertory is required, with piano except for the James Butt, which can be solo, but exists also in publication with piano or orchestra:
- Eric Ewazen First Movement from Sonata for Horn & Piano (Southern)
- Jos. Haydn Adagio from Concerto No. 2 in D (any edition)
- Richard Strauss Finale from Concerto No. 1 in E-flat, Op. 11 (any edition);
- James Butt Suite for Solo Horn (Hinrichsen)