The responsibilities of The Horn Call News editor include:
- gathering news-worthy information and photos from around the world for publication in The Horn Call, including (but not limited to) member news, obituaries, reports of past events, and announcements of coming events and graduate assistantships.
- updating and expanding the current contact list of horn players, teachers, designers/makers, etc.
- organizing the gathered material within an established template
- editing the News column for publication following the guidelines specified in the style manuals listed on page 4 of The Horn Call
- meeting the three annual deadlines for submission: August 1 for the October journal, December 1 for the February journal, and March 1 for the May journal.
- a current resume
- a brief statement concerning your qualifications for this position
- an original one-page essay on a topic of your choice
Screening for this position will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Horn Call editor Bill Scharnberg, assistant editor Marilyn Bone Kloss, and proofreading assistant Ed Glick will screen the applications.