The International Horn Society is a global horn community. We celebrate diversity and exercise tolerance, and we are here to offer support, resources, and inspiration. Views expressed by individual members of the IHS do not necessarily reflect our values and aims of the society as a whole.

Daily routine

• IHS Online Manager
  • Topic Author
More
05 Ene 2008 07:39 - 05 Ene 2008 07:41 #16 by IHS Online Manager
Daily routine was created by IHS Online Manager
Q: What is your daily warmup and practice session like? What about when
you were in school?

Frank Lloyd answers:

My daily warmup session normally consists of F-Horn flexibilities, scales and some long notes. Flexibilities, to get the chops flexible and responsive, scales to get the fingers and co-ordination going, and long notes, together with intervals, to get some dynamic contrast and control.

That said, my warmups do differ depending if I need to get back in shape after a time off playing, or whether I'm just doing some 'maintenance' work, or whether I am working on specific pieces - which I will tend to concentrate on after doing the warmup session above.

I started the horn when I was a young man at the Royal Marines School of Music - I remember regularly walking the 2 miles into the school of music in the evenings to practice - and was always there in the mornings a good hour before anyone else! I once practiced so much on a new instrument that I couldn't play for another two days after my lips swelled up from over playing! A warning to all - be sure you always take plenty of breaks in any practice session!
Last edit: 05 Ene 2008 07:41 by IHS Online Manager.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quan Gan, Tobias Heinz

Please Identificarse to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Usamos cookies en nuestro sitio web. Algunas de ellas son esenciales para el funcionamiento del sitio, mientras que otras nos ayudan a mejorar el sitio web y también la experiencia del usuario (cookies de rastreo). Puedes decidir por ti mismo si quieres permitir el uso de las cookies. Ten en cuenta que si las rechazas, puede que no puedas usar todas las funcionalidades del sitio web.